Labels

alone (21) anger (3) betrayal (2) dance (2) Death (6) depressed (26) dream (4) fairy tale (1) heart ache (22) life (35) love (24) nature (4) Note (1) pain (35) project (3) school (1) short story (1) Story (1) YOU (1)

12/30/09

Pain of a Dying Rose


In the depths of my heart,
I feel the pain.
The pain you create for me every day.
There are times when you make me feel special,
but then
then you make me feel like I’m no longer human,
like I’m not from this planet,
like I’m not even alive.
Like a wilting rose.
Once beautiful,
but now neglected and faded.
So now i lay here dying inside,
slowly,
day by day.
The petals of my heart falling one by one.

1 comment:

Dennis Hodgson said...

A beautiful metaphor. I liked it.

One small suggestion, if I may, seeing as every other verb is in the present tense, change 'lay' to 'lie' (line 12).